One day to explore the sprawl that is Medellin.
I, of course, spent the first (many) hours of it still sleeping. Man. Sleep is awesome.
Anyway, after I hauled my ass out of bed Stevo and I headed out.
Went up the metro cable for some great views of the brick coloured city (and of the multi coloured slums). So much green everywhere. And hills. These are things to be encouraged!
We ate some delicious food, checked out the statues in town, ate some ice cream, checked out the cathedral. Then it was nap time (for me anyway) before dinner with a gang of Stevo's friends...as a precursor to the Chiva night. AKA- party bus.
This is an old school open sided bus that still has a few rows of seats in the back. and one along the side. and a DANCE FLOOR in the middle. Complete with loud sound system, smoke machine, and disco lights. You bring your own booze (in our case a sht load of rum) and the bus takes you around the city (including the outskirts) whilst you chat, drink, and party.
I got on the bus intending to go home to sleep straight after the chiva part- but late night saw me sitting on the roof of a bar talking sht with one of my new found friends and generally making the next day quite painful for myself.
(btw- you can get lulo juice pretty much everywhere here- it is almost identical to feijoa! hooray!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay a feijoa like juice!!!
ReplyDelete