Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Croatia!

right NOW I am in Dubrovnik- just went for a swim at the base of the city walls, dried in the sun for a mo, and am now killing a little time before I procure myself a night bus to Zagreb to hang out with Dr Step, his wife, and some puppies...

I arrived in Split around 2 July, stayed in a hostel and had a bit of a night out on the booze with an Aussie guy. Good times, and the old town there is pret-ty sweet to wander around.

The next day I met up with Jacky, Aaron, Angie, Rocky in Trogir. We also met Step, our skipper, for a week of fun flitting between Croatian islands on a sailboat.

The average day involved swimming, breakfast, boating, swimming, boating, lunch, swimming, drinking, swimming, more eating.

There was also a lot of ice cream, and doing bombs.
Also lilos, floating bars, and the occasional puppy.

Freakin good times!

Step (soon to be Dr Step once he has finished his PhD) was a wicked skipper, and very kindly, when he realised that I would be rocking around the Balkan hood for a wee while) extended an invitation to stay with him and his wife in Zagreb. He may not have been serious, I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I go to their house!

Some of the more astute of you will note that I am not in London right now, and nor do I appear to be making my way to China, Mongolia, and Russia. Slight change of plans re Trans Siberian- Sally decided not to go after all so I, thinking it wouldn't be more stress than fun going solo on that leg, decided to cut my losses in terms of flights/visas and decided to just rock around here for a while.

It's stone cold awesome. But, you know, actually quite hot?

So I've spent the past few days in Dubrovnik's old town with Angie and Rocky and head up north tonight, will probably go to Budapest after Zagreb. Either way, my only deadline is meeting Ains in Athens on August 4th. Hardly punishing, and I'll probably be psyched about some company by then!

Chur chur.

No comments:

Post a Comment